Monday, March 2, 2009

Another Day, Another Dollar Spent on a Research Tome

I have a confession. My name is A.E. Stanton and I'm a research addict.

Oh, sure, I know, there are a lot of us out there. And we can say that our addiction doesn't hurt anyone. And that's probably true.

However, I think my little problem might be going nova. I'm running out of bookshelf space.

I already have cases in the garage dedicated to books on history, biographies, interesting tomes that I refer to now and then, boring books that contain key nuggets, and so forth. And not all of them are on the Old West, either, I feel forced to add. (A lot are, to be sure, but not all.) But everything's full to bursting, and most are stacked at least two, sometimes three deep, and my spouse suggests that I should somehow either get rid of some of these books (the horror of the idea!) or stop buying new and old ones alike.

I'd love to do that, but I just can't. It goes against my grain. A book is with you for life. And a book can influence your life forever.

Nope. I can't part with any of them. Why, I'd sooner part with my motorcycle. And dear? That's not happening any time soon.

Yours,
A.E. Stanton

Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel your pain. There are stacks everywhere. And what is worse, when you know you have a book and can't find it. There are about five I am looking for. I'm sure they are all together, somewhere they don't belong. One of these days I'm going to get organized. Riiight!

MaryL

March 4, 2009 at 9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No. Just no. Removal is not an option. More book shelves. That is the solution.

MaryL

March 5, 2009 at 4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home