Sunday, December 7, 2008

Howdy, Pards

Like so many of my peers, I’m dragging myself into the world of blogging. Why? Because I’m an author and it’s one of the things we’re told to do. I’ve resisted as long as I could -- I love reading other folks’ blogs but haven’t wanted to do my own -- possibly because I’m worried I’ll run out of things to say.

I write historical novels set in the Old West and futuristic novels set in what I like to think of as the New West. I’ve dabbled in a few short stories, but mostly I’m a novelist. I have a great agent who’s shopping my first historical. Will it sell? I believe so, yes, but since it’s set in the Old West there’s a tendency to hear “We’re not looking for Westerns”. It’s the risk I knew I was running when I started out. But, like horseback and motorcycle riding, I write for the love of the thing.

I’m going to focus my blog on my two passions -- writing and riding. So, welcome, friend, and set a spell.

Yours,

A.E. Stanton

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope to be able to read your historicals soon. I love the Old West and most things about it. Don't think I would have wanted to live then though.

MaryL

December 10, 2008 at 4:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I mostly read. However, I am gathering info to put together the life of my great grandmother. Don't know if it will turn into something, or just a short piece for the benefit of my brother's children.

MaryL

December 17, 2008 at 10:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read 'The Sky People by S.M. Stirling", based on several great reviews. It sounded like the kind of thing I would like, but I ended up hating it, primarily, due to the constant faux-Cajun dialect the main character employed. It really detracted from my enjoyment of the book.

January 10, 2009 at 9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home